We are looking for an experienced person eager to be part of a dynamic team, have fun at work and who wants to test the Lofoten life in Henningsvær.
We can offer
- Being part of a fun and social workplace with humor, energy and care.
- Staff perks at the factory.
- Responsibility, with support from "senior staff".
- Work during the brightest months of the year.
- Support in finding accommodation.
- A place where experimenting and development is welcome.
Make food for our guests.
Hotel breakfast, brunch service, cakes for the café, dinner service.
Be in charge of the menu, ordering, suppliers, staff scheduling and staff management.
Work with the other departments to attract customers, adjust volume to demand and make collaboration run smooth.
Be responsible for food safety and internal control.
Have the responsibility of the kitchen economy. Balance staff cost, keep control over cost estimating each dish, work with suppliers to get the pest products for the best price etc.
Help make sure the produce we get and the produce we grow is up to standard.
Are passionate about high-quality food.
Have relevant experience as a chef or head chef.
Have an interest in local produce and an eye for natural ingredients.
Like to perform and deliver in a busy and fun job.
Are a motivating and supportive coworker.
Eager to learn and contribute to the success of Trevarefabrikken.
What we expect of you
- Required time period present: 15th of June - 6th of August.
- Possibility to start earlier, around 15th of May, if interested.
- Prolongation to the end of the year can be discussed.
- Part time to full time job (min. 60%), depending on your wish and our need. This will be elaborated during the hiring process.
- Lofoten is changing with the season, and both weather and activity at Trevarefabrikken is unpredictable. Some flexibility when it comes to tasks and workload is expected.
At Trevarefabrikken we aim to have an honest and dynamic profile when it comes to food and drinks. We’re inspired by both the history of the building - with the simple and solid lunch of the factory workers, made with available produce - and dishes and methods from other parts of the world. Our kitchen puts global inspiration into a local framework. Guided by the seasons, we develop our menu as we go, while balancing with consistency in quality and customer experience.
If this is you, we would like to offer you to join Trevarefabrikken and experience a unique combination of urban culture, nature and traditional island life in stunning Henningsvær and Lofoten!
Application deadline: March 1st.
Interviews estimated to be done in April.